Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,061 to 5,080 of 5,094

Potato-man

What's everyone's favorite special weapons??

Mine is probably either ultra hammer or triple inkstrike

I's a potato!
Currently Playing: Splatoon 3
Be calm and eat French Fries

My Nintendo: Potato-man | Nintendo Network ID: Dead

CaleBoi25

@Grumblevolcano The better question is "I wonder WHAT the May Fest will be!" I am looking forward to it!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Croctopus

May will surely have regional Splatfests again. It's hard telling what they'll be though. I'll be disappointed if we never get Breakfast vs. Lunch vs. Dinner. I know that's yet another food fest, but it seems like a no brainer to me.

They'll announce Sizzle 2024 in the middle of the month with a video teasing a new Stringer, a new Splatana, more weapon kits, the final map, and the final King Salmonid. There might be another new song or two for regular rotation before Final Fest's new music.

@Potato-man I used to think it was Kraken Royale, but now it's the Triple Inkstrike. It's devastating in close quarters and it's great for a hasty retreat or flushing out enemies.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Deep Cut Fan
Team Bucket List: Die for Frye

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@CaleBoi25 @Croctopus It would be cool if we got the crisps Splatfest that Japan got in March but flavours adjusted to be Ready Salted vs. Salt & Vinegar vs. Cheese & Onion.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Croctopus

The next Splatfest is what would you do if the world ends tomorrow? Same Olā€™ vs. Bucket List vs. Save The Day. The Sneak Peek will start on the 10th with the Main Event from the 17th-19th. This is global, as it should be considering the theme.

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

OctolingKing13

Honestly, I am surprised this isnā€™t the e final fest theme! I think final fest will be past vs present vs future but thinking fryes team actually, but I donā€™t wanna discontinue my loyalty to the kingā€¦ BIG MAN!

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

_Lime

Wait these splatfest themes are actually really cool. Iā€™m going to be sticking with big man and save the day!

Switch friend code:SW-3744-8516-9497
User name: Lime!
Third kits??

Grumblevolcano

May's Salmon Run gear is the Knockout Boots.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaleBoi25

@Grumblevolcano Any idea what they are based on?

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

WoomyNNYes

@CaleBoi25 Could it be for Nacho Libre, starring Jack Black? I can't think of a more popular movie that had a mexican wrestler in it.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

Hmm... to be honest, I think I'm getting burnt out on this game now. I do think Splatoon 3 is a good game, but recently I've been wanting to play other games, such as Tears of the Kingdom. Not sure if I'll play in this next Splatfest.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Croctopus

With Nintendo dropping the big news about Switch not supporting Twitter anymore starting in June, it'll be interesting to see how that affects this game. Will it actually improve the quality of posts in Splatoon 3?

I've always criticized "Splatverse" as a stupid cesspool much like Twitter itself. It's not the clean, friendly, light-hearted service that Miiverse mainly was in Splatoon 1. Even the Splatverse in Splatoon 2 was better back in its heyday, which is now completely coming to an end. Does posting directly to Nintendo's servers make a difference, or is it simply just taking out the middleman? What's with the little blurb about posts from kids younger than 13 not being visible to other players? That sure sounds like an improvement to me!

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

WoomyNNYes

@Croctopus I would think most splatoon posts are done with twitter. That's just my guess. I base that only on the fact that I would never link my fb to nintendo (even though I barely use fb).

'Tendo liker

Croctopus

Sneak Peek and voting is open now!

Shiver: "What would you do at the world's end?"
Frye: "The world's end?! Did I miss a bulletin somewhere in there?"
Shiver: "The options this time are... same ol'- meaning, to treat it like any other day."
Frye: "Or you could make a last-ditch push to cross things off your bucket list!"
Big Man: "Ay! Ay! (Personally, I wouldn't accept it! I'd try to save the day!)"
Frye: "OK, now can we talk about the WORLD ENDING?! Is this, like... tomorrow? Today?!"
Big Man: "Ay! (Relax- it's just a what-if scenario!)"
Frye: "Ohhh. Right. You had me in full panic mode for a sec."
Shiver: "If the world was ending, I think Splatfest participation would be at an all-time low."
Frye: "In that case, I'd stuff myself with sweets, max out my credit cards, and live it up. If there's no consequences, you know I'm gonna go for broke!"
Shiver: "That sounds so... desperate. I'd go about my day as normal and cherish the time left. A day talking about nothing on Anarchy Splatcast would be a good way to go out."
Big Man: "Ay. Ay! (We don't always talk about nothing here. There's serious stuff too!)
Ay! (I'm not letting the world end when I have so many more songs to record!)
Ay. Ay! (So I wouldn't give up looking for a way to save us. All of us!)"
Frye: "Big Man with the big plans!"
Big Man: "Ay. Ay. (C'mon, I'm serious. You don't need to poke fun.)"
Frye: "No, I was serious too! That stuff you said got me right in the heart. Still, I'll leave the world-saving stuff to the experts. I gotta be true to me!"
Shiver: "Ah, but they say that happiness is close to home, and I happen to agree."
Big Man: "Ay?! (Maybe we can find a portal to another world or something?!)"
Shiver: "If that's the kind of doomsday solution you're considering... we're doomed."

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

Potato-man

Thanks for reminding everyone! šŸ˜ Go Team Bucket List!!

I's a potato!
Currently Playing: Splatoon 3
Be calm and eat French Fries

My Nintendo: Potato-man | Nintendo Network ID: Dead

WoomyNNYes

So, which team to pick?

I'm picking Same Ol

Team Bucket List probably has the coolest theme + Tshirt art, which will probably get the most votes.

Or, I can pick the team that think will get second place for votes, but will end up winning the splatfest with the best stats. I'm tempted to do that. I think the Same Ol team is that team. Plus, it's color is the glow-in-the-dark green, which I think will be the coolest ink color. I'm taking this strategy for picking my team.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Pardon the double post, but now that Side Order has been out for a while, it's time for a* Splatoon 3 + Side Order album* to release. Perhaps it will be announced for the June direct.

If the album is already out, I'm sure someone will correct me below.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

@WoomyNNYes It's not been announced yet but to be fair, Sizzle Season 2024 likely has new music. Makes sense to do the album once all the music is released.

Grumblevolcano

Croctopus

With the new lobby themes added in Sizzle 2023, Yoko & Bazookas, H2Whoa, new Chirpy Chips songs, everything in Side Order, Riot Act, and all the new Splatfest songs from Big Betrayal to Suffer No Fools, we'll sure have enough new music for another 4-disc collection, but I'm not expecting it until the game is done. Sizzle 2024 should have a couple of new tracks, maybe even another Splatfest song, but Final Fest will have new songs for sure. I just hope there's not a situation in which the collection is missing some of the newest songs, like the first Splatune not having Bomb Rush Blush and Tide Goes Out from Callie vs. Marie or Sashimori songs being absent in Splatune 2 or Octotune.

I chose Bucket List because I have things I want to do before I die, let alone before the world ends. I sure wouldn't be acting the same. I can't stop the world's end, and the team's Japanese wording and the Splatcast dialogue actually says that they're just TRYING to save the day. There's no guarantee that they'd succeed. Besides, I'm tired of Nintendo giving Big Man almost all of the best teams this year. This is my first Frye team since Aliens over a year ago, which is personally ironic considering the classic alien apocalypse!

I think this will be really one-sided for Save the Day. They'll win the Votes for sure. If they somehow lose, it would be Same Ol' pulling off a Shiver upset like Friday and Handshake. So yeah, I fully expect to lose with Frye, but whatever. A fatalistic choice like joining Frye's team feels pretty fitting for this Splatfest. It'd be hilarious if she actually wins this one!

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

jump

Just got around to playing the DLC, bloody hell love this! It's impressive they are still able to use the core mechanics of the game of inking and swimming and keep finding different ways to play with it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic